Saturday, January 19, 2008

Who is Brenda Stone, the Author of this Blog?

And, why should I feel comfortable sending her my name and email address?

You shouldn't feel comfortable about giving your information out to strangers! I don't encourage that. However, by the time you finish reading this page you will have an understanding of who I am as a fellow Texan and member of your community if you live in the Bryan/College Station area.

I am an eight-year resident of College Station; before that I lived in Sealy, Texas where my husband, Gary Stone, was city manager until he passed away in 1999. Before that I lived my entire life in Brazoria County, Texas, except for one year when I lived in Burnet, Texas back in the early 80's.

I am a notary public, so by knowing this you now know that the Secretary of State of Texas has done a background check on me before issuing my commision to ensure I am not a criminal person. My notary commission number is 00738231-6. You can verify this information by going to this link at the Secretary of State of Texas's notary search.

I know and have worked with many Texas reverse mortgage loan officers and their borrowers when I was contracting with them as a reverse mortgage loan notary; I live near and attend the Covenant Presbyterian Church on Rock Prairie, I have a son who is TAMU Class of '03 and he works for TAMU while he is on his last semester of his master's degree.

I have a lot of free time in the evenings and on weekends to write. This website is one of my writing projects. I put my enjoyment of writing to work for my in my off hours because I earn a little bit of money here and there writing web content and serving Google Ads which goes toward my own retirement account. Since I know a good bit about reverse mortgages and how important it is to work with a local reverse mortgage loan officer, I decided to start writing on the topic of reverse mortgages and further, to set up a referral network with the loan officers who are my personal acquaintances from my previous work with them as a reverse mortgage notary.

One thing I have noticed about trying to find a Texas reverse mortgage loan officer through using Google.com is that very few of them have learned how to use the internet to find people like you who need to have personal contact with a reverse mortgage loan officer. I decided to bridge that gap and develop a referral network. If you want to know how I came to know the loan officers I'll provide you the name or names of, read this article.

Any more concerns? Google me. I'm pretty easy to find.

You can post comments to the articles on this blog and you can also email me at revmortblog@gmail.com just to ask a general question. I am NOT a loan officer, or an expert qualified to answer your questions, but what I can tell you is this:

  • I have a lot of practical knowledge about reverse mortgages. I will only answer your questions with facts based on HUD.gov literature. If I give you an opinion, I will state it as such.
  • I personally know good, honest reverse mortgage loan officers who care about their borrowers.
  • Finally, I have recommended FHA's Home Equity Conversion Mortgages (HECMs) type reverse mortgages to my own parents. I feel that comfortable with them. (As stated elsewhere, the HECM is the reverse mortgage I am most familiar with, hence my recommendation of the. Further, they are generally the loan of choice for most people seeking reverse mortgages.)



No comments: