Sunday, January 20, 2008

How I met the good reverse mortgage loan officers.

Here is how I met the great Texas reverse mortgage loan officers:

In the past I was privileged to get to know a select group of reverse mortgage loan officers. I am a notary public and as you know, when you sign documents relating to a real estate loan transaction a notary is needed to witness the borrowers' signatures.

I had a small business as a full-time independent notary professional and most of my business came from the reverse mortgage industry.

Week after week I traveled to reverse mortgage loan borrowers' homes in counties all over the "Heart of Texas" and met with them and their loan officer while they signed their final documents.

There were two types of borrowers (in relation to the experience they had with their loan officers):

1. Generally Disatisified and Frustrated with Their Experience: Borrowers who were not able to find the name of a person to contact directly while doing their research and got the number to call off of a generic website or from the television commercial often got hooked up with loan officers who did not meet with them personally because they were too far away.

2. Generally Happy and Confident about Their Decision: Borrowers who were fortunate enough to get a personal referral from another borrower or by chance bumped into a reverse mortgage loan officer were generally delighted with their experience. I came to know these reverse mortgage loan officers well and saw how caring they were about the borrowers they worked for.

From my experience as a notary working in the reverse mortgage industry I could not help but be partial to a select few loan officers and what I observed in their demeanor and professionalism. I kept a list of them. One day I started trying to find their names on the internet to see how they marketed their reverse mortgage loan business online and guess what! They are harder than hen's teeth to locate!

I decided to start this website to share my unique perspective and observations about reverse mortgage loans and to give borrowers a reference point for locating a LOCAL loan officer who would provide the personal service the borrowers deserve.

The last reverse mortgage loan transaction I acted as a notary for was in Round Top, Texas. In fact, I did three of them within a few weeks. That was in the spring of 2007. I work full-time now in a demanding position and I just don't want to be spread too thin, so I don't seek to do reverse mortgage notary work any more. (I guess I would if one of my favorite loan officers were in a bind for a notary, but for now, I am concentrating on my full-time position.)

I miss the everything about my little business but the position I have now is very rewarding. This website lets me pursue one of my hobbies (writing) and it helps me to stay connected to the reverse mortgage loan business, the loan officers and people like you, the borrowers.

If you would like me to send you the name of one of my favorite loan officers, please email me at revmortblog@gmail.com . Or, you can fax it to me toll free at 877-548-2536. My name is Brenda and you can learn more about me here.

I will need the following information:

Phone number (Only if you want the loan officer to call you. If you want to call them, I will send you their name and contact information.):

_________________________

eMail:

___________________________

Your name:

___________________________

Year of Birth (so that it can be determined how much you may receive):

___________________________

Address of property (to figure your property value):

___________________________

Spouse's name:

___________________________

Year of Birth:

___________________________

No comments: